As you know, Q2 estimated taxes are around the corner. Did you remind your clients? I did and it only took me a few seconds. Let me show you how you can do it as quickly as us.
Setting it up the first time should take 5 – 20 minutes, depending on how many clients you have. It will then take no time at all every subsequent quarter. Forever.
1. Go to Settings (the Wrench) and create a Tag called “Estimated Tax Reminder”.
2. Go to all Contacts and select/add “Estimated Tax Reminder” at the bottom of the screen to everyone who should get an email every quarter.
3. Go to E-Mails/Client Reminders/Add New.
4. Create a customized message that works for you. I use (and feel free to edit as it pertains to your own practice):
This is a reminder to let you know personal estimated income taxes are due on the 15th day of this month.
If you pay the same amount every quarter with protective estimates you already received, then this is just a reminder.
If you wish to pay the actual tax or are not sure if this applies to you or not, please contact us. Remember, estimated taxes can be paid via this link: https://your-link-here. Please disregard if you have already paid, have discussed with us already or are otherwise not paying at this time. This is not a monitored address, please do not respond to this e-mail directly.
Now the hard part is done and you’re ready to send the email.
5. In E-Mails, find the specific reminder you wish to send. Hit Select Recipients and select the names within the Tag that should get the email. Conceivably, it’s all of them, but it allows you the flexibility to exclude some if necessary.
6. Click on “Send Email”.
7. Sit back and wait for everyone to thank you for the reminder. Then go home early and watch Netflix with all the time you saved.
We use Reminders to send an annual “Welcome Back” email every January, information on new tax developments, a personalized checklist of what’s outstanding to complete every clients’ tax return, Digital Holiday Greetings, etc.
Take the few minutes to set it up. Your clients will appreciate the proactive reminder!
Subscribe to have new time-saving Pro Tips, CPApp new features, giveaways, and other promotions delivered to your inbox. Sign up at https://cpapp.io/cpapp-connection.
Questions? Contact us at support@CPApp.io
Want some feedback? Feel free to add me to your Tagged-list!
Kevin Wenig, kevin@CPApp.io.